Today: Group Work Norms were introduced to students. These are six expectations for successful lab experiences this year! Students focused on norm #5 and worked in groups for a design challenge! Each group got 10 marshmallows and 20 spaghetti noodles. The goal is to build the tallest tower possible! Tomorrow they will get a chance to improve their structure.
Group Work Norms:
1. Everyone has something to LEARN
2. Everyone has something to OFFER
3. Be willing to experience DISCOMFORT
4. It is your RIGHT to ask for help, and your DUTY to assist
5. Everybody Helps
6. Help others do things for THEMSELVES!
We will have a great year if all students can embody these norms!
It was a great 2nd day!