It's Submersible Week!
This week students will use their knowledge on Buoyancy to complete an engineering design project! I have decided to post the week's activities in one post. This activity will be a week long experience with special appearances by high school science teachers to lend extra support to groups as they complete the task.
Monday: Project introduction
Students will reflect on the following questions...
1. What is a submersible?
2. What do submersibles do?
3. How does an Ocean Engineer use submersibles?
Tuesday: Prep Day
1. Complete four Mini-Labs to gain background knowledge for the project
2. Begin the "Engineering Design" cycle
3. Work on blueprints for their submersibles
Wednesday: Build Day
1. Begin building their submersible
2. Conduct trials on their subs
3. Make adjustments based on the trials
Thursday: Build Day #2
Same as Wednesday
Friday: Demo Day
Each group will demo their sub to see how many of the challenges their sub can master.
Happy Week before break!